Staff Faith Formation Session
“Mean Girls – Communicating Pain”
Bible Verse: Matthew 5: 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Click on Picture to View Video:
1. Ever wanted revenge? What motivates revenge? Does an eye for an eye work?
2. Are people who cause pain really unconsciously motivated by the desire to communicate their own pain?
3. Can you think of other examples?
4. What can we do with our students to stop this pattern?
5. What does Jesus do with pain?